Thursday, October 29, 2009

When the stress of parenthood begins.


It is funny to think back three years ago when I was pregnant with Isabelle and how I looked at pregnancy as a journey that would bring me to this wonderful world of parenthood and how the worries and stress of parenthood would then start. Well for the most part that was true, it wasn't until the day she was born that there was anything that caused us stress about her health and safety. It seems God is testing us this time around as we found out a week and a half ago that when they did the last ultrasound they found a shadow area on the baby's heart. Now this was explained to us by our family Dr. who I trust very much. She actually read the report to us and explained that it could be nothing at all and that when they do the level 2 ultrasound that they are requesting they may not see it at all. On the other hand she also explained that it could be a space between the heart valves that she explained can be corrected with surgery after the baby is born. Now I know this may not sound as bad as what some parents go through and I have been trying to not stress or even think about it to much but our ultrasound is tomorrow and now that it is so close I am finding it hard to not think about it. I am starting to get very nervous about what they will find. Not that I don't trust in the strength that Chris and I have as parents or a couple but it is still something that no one wants to be tested with. So I guess the stress and worry of parenthood can start way before your sweet little gift enters this world.

I am sure I will not get much sleep tonight and that is fine but I will be asking God to keep a watchful eye over our sweet Bronwyn and do what is in his power to let her grow they way she needs to so that she may come into this world as a healthy happy little girl.

1 comment:

  1. good luck Shawna...
    and remember... we are never given more than what we can handle!
    Whatever the results are Bronwyn chose you and Christ to be her parents and you will be a loving and nurturing parent no matter what the results are!

    ReplyDelete