This is a place where I can express my self freely so if you do not like something I write. I kindly ask that you keep your thoughts to your self and stop visiting my blog.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Pregnancy weight gain
I am over the moon to be expecting our second baby. I will admit I was a little worried and still am about how things would go with this pregancy. My biggest fear is the weight gain. Some people know how much I gained with Isabelle and how hard I have struggled over the last 2 years to lose that weight. I was still 30 pounds away from my first goal weight when we found out we were expecting again. Having expressed my concerns to my Dr and talking at length with her about what my weight gain goal should be this time around. I was very surprised at my last appointment to find that I had gone through my first trimester and not gained a pound. This made me feel good and kept me motivated. I unfortunate had to cancel my last appointment because it was booked for the same morning that I had to attend my Grandma's funeral. I decided that I needed to upgrade my scale at home to a digital one so that I could keep better track and was nervous when I got home and stepped on it for the first time. 7 pounds.... at first I was very disappointed with myself. It seemed to me that that was a lot to gain in 5 weeks. But the more I thought about it I realize that at 4 months with my first I had probably gained twice that much. I know that the online calculators and things like that are not accurate but I found one that will calculate your weight gain and I filled in the info it asked for and to my surprise it says I am right were I should be at this point. That made me feel better. So I guess we will have to see if I can keep up this progress and keep it to a minimum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment