Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The beginning of a new me. Sorta

I have not used my blog in a long time and I have used it in the past as an outlet for myself. I have made the decision to now use it on a daily bases ( I hope) as a way to express my struggles and accomplishment everyday.

I started a journey about 7 weeks ago with an amazing group of girls ( although I have not even met most of them) It is called the YUMMY MUMMY Challenge. I have tried many times is the past to get this weight off and kick my addiction to food, and many times I have been successful for a few weeks but then I fall back into old habits.

The reason I am starting to use this as a tool now is because I have complete round 2 which was a 7 week block. That's right 7 weeks!!! Man there was a LOT of struggling in there and there was days when I bombed or got off track. I am an emotional eater and with to much stress to handle I once again turned to food. But it was the mummies in my group that helped me get refocused and made me realize that I am not the only one who struggles with food everyday and that with the support of each other we can kick this addiction.

I am very excited to be starting the next round which is 6 weeks. I don't find myself dreading all the work that will go into this next round which is nice. Instead I have placed my vision board on my kitchen counter, I have rearranged my refrigerator so that all of my fruit and veggies are at eye level NOT hidden away in the bottom drawers. I have stocked the fridge with water and cut up all the veggies into containers so that it take the same amount of time to get a bowl of veggies as it would to get a bowl of chips. I have also prepared my self little containers of a very yummy veggie dip that I can have so once again it is ready and handy. no thinking just enjoying.

I am also going to be using my Facebook status everyday to keep myself motivated. I lost 10.4 lbs in the last round. That has brought me down to the lowest weight I have weighed since Isabelle was born. I am now 32lbs away from reaching my first goal. Wow that looks like a big number but when I think about the number I started with it looks not bad. My goal this round is to lose 2lbs a week. that will bring me down 12 more lbs and that much closer to my goal.

This round is going to be extra hard with the holidays coming but I am positive with lots of careful planning and some will power I will be able to make it through with my goal intact. So we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment