Sunday, March 22, 2009

Parenthood.


It really is one of the greatest jobs one can take on in life, and probably one of the most challenging. Right from the start you worry about your unborn child developing into a healthy baby, you pray that your child will arrive safely into this world without complications. And that you make the right decisions when there are complications. From the moment you lay eyes on this tiny little creature that God has intrusted you with the worry and wonder set in. You worry everyday that you are making the right decisions in the foods you feed your child, the toys they should play with. The sleepless night and endless hours spent soothing them when they are unhappy and can not tell you why. This are the challenges. The first time your child rolls over, sits up, crawls, or even when they laugh not baby noise but really laugh sends a parents heart soring. It is an undecribable feeling. A sense of reasurance that you have done something right. There is no stage in a childs young life that does not give a parent new challenges. When to potty train, switch to a toddler bed, bedtimes, naps, and disapline. This is the stage and challenges I find myself in at this time with my little angel. We have conqured the big girl bed after two long weeks of sharing our bed. Bedtimes and naps are always a work in progress. Potty training is this weeks task.

I think you can read as many books as you can find, you can talk to all the professionals you can find but I believe the true masters of parenthood are those who have walked this path before you. All children are different and everyones lifestyles are different, But I believe the best way to learn is to ask other parents. They may not realize it but they are giving the best advice. Even if you do not follow it or it does not work for you, you may pass it on to another parents in need at a later time.

I myself realized tonight after spending a great few hours with my dear cousin and her husband who have recently entered the world of two children, that we are not alone in the job of parenthood. There are things that I was feeling unsure of and realize that other parents do these things too. I look up to this cousin weather she knows this or not. But I admire her and her husband as parents. I am just thankful that I have them that I can learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment